work with us - activity leader - innovation learning campus - volterra
For groups of Italian Students aged 13-19
Activity Manager, Centre Director
Usually -48 hours per week
Middle of June - Middle of August
VOLTERRA (Pisa. Italy)
Programme: Innovation Learning Campus.
Activity Leader; Job role & principal duties
As an Activity Leader you are responsible for entertaining, guiding, planning and leading
the students through a variety of activities, which you will both lead and partake in. Duties include taking part and leading activities which take place on and off site. In addition, you will be responsible for residential supervision such as at meal times and pastoral duties.
• To ensure adequate preparation & set up for on/offsite activities and excursions.
• Lead, supervise, motivate & engage students on activities and excursions, through active participation yourself.
• Pro-actively encouraging the students to take part in planned activities both during the day and in the evenings.
• Preparing full activity plans for each activity, and ensuring that you have read all the risk assessments. To assist in the organisation and preparation of a wide range of activities, including during the day, evenings, weekend excursions and pastoral duties.
• To participate in, supervise and lead all activities including sports, karaoke, disco nights, etc...
- You must take reasonable responsibility for the students under your charge and act to always secure and never to endanger their physical and moral welfare.
- Checking all students are accounted for in the classrooms and during activities/excursions.
- To maintain proper levels of student discipline, safety and welfare.
- To carry out residential supervision duties, including meal and pastoral supervision and guardian duties.
- Welcoming new students to the centre.
- Assistance on arrivals.
- Arrival/Departure procedures.
- To address any student or staff concerns raised to you and report them to the relevant persons involved.
- To be aware of safeguarding duties regarding under 18’s.
Company Quality Performance
- To ensure customer satisfaction in the leading of activities and trips at the centre.
- To enthusiastically promote the Activity Programme
- Preparing Welcome Packs, Excursion Packs and student ID badges.
- Designing and displaying posters and programme information. Photocopying and general office administration.
- To assist in day to day general duties as instructed by senior management.
- To complete post activity/excursion evaluation and observation forms.
- To develop and maintain open lines of communication with Group Leaders.
- To liaise with all other members of the ILC Team keeping all lines of communication open.
- To develop a strong rapport with all departments within ILC, developing working and professional relationships.
In the Classroom/On an Excursion/During an Activity/At the Centre
- To behave in a professional manner and demonstrate leadership skills.
- To adhere to Safeguarding and Welfare duties.
- To provide support to all students, Group Leaders and Staff at all times.
- Please refer to the Activity Leaders Manual for more detailed information of duties on an Excursion and During an Activity.
- To attend all required paid training and induction meetings and take an active part in discussion and feedback prior to start of employment.
- Review itineraries and become knowledgeable about attractions
- Complete any required training sessions/courses both online and in person as directed
- Provide all necessary paperwork prior to employment
Health & Safety
- To comply with all health and safety, first aid and welfare procedures as required by the Company.
- Being aware of relevant fire, health and safety issues in the classroom and around the centre and during excursions.
- This role involves lifting and standing for long periods of time.
Person Specification for Activity Leader
- English Mother Tongue
- Excellent organisational and Interpersonal skills
- Motivation and Enthusiasm
- Ability to work in a high-pressure environment
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Ability to work as part of a team
Qualifications/Experience - Ideally you will have:
- A First Aid qualification or willingness to obtain.
- Lifeguard and or/ other coaching qualification.
- Experience of training for or working in the Sport, Leisure, Theatre or similar industry.
- Knowledge of the rules and organisation of one or more sports / games.
- An Interest and able to organise activities such as drama, arts & crafts, talent shows.
Accommodation on Campus with Full board.
21-27 – from € 200,00/week depending on experience.
- Do the essential functions of this job require lifting? Yes
- If yes, how many pounds? 25 lbs.
- Do the essential functions of this job require standing? Yes
- Do the essential functions of this job require walking upstairs? Yes
- Do the essential functions of this job require stretching? No
- Do the essential functions of this job require bending? No
Work with us as ACTIVITY LEADER
Innovation Learning Campus. Volterra. (Pisa. Tuscany. Italy.)
Working in a summer campus is a fantastic opportunity to experience something different, gain new skills and meet new people. If you think you have the energy and enthusiasm to spend your summer helping Italian teenagers to improve their English and to have a good time, we would love to hear from you. You should be able to find everything you need to apply to work with us on this website, including an online application form at the bottom of the page. However, if you experience any problems you can email us your cv enclosing a passport-size picture.
So, now you have 3 easy steps to apply for a job with us
- Read the job description and make sure it is the right job for you.
- Complete the online application form.
- Check that you have completed the form correctly.
It may take up to 7 days for us to reply to your application.